Christian Eckes Looking for Most Out Of Third Truck Series Start

Christian Eckes put on an impressive performance at Iowa in June and then again at Gateway a few weeks later. Eckes led 34 laps during the race at Gateway before being spun by the No. 52 of Stewart Friesen. The 17-year old who will turn 18 on the 10th of November will make his first NCWTS start since that race in Gateway on Sunday in Martinsville.

“I’m super excited to reunite with my guys at Kyle Busch Motorsports and get back in the truck this weekend at Martinsville,” said Eckes.  We’ve had a lot of success racing in both series so far – I’m feeling good about keeping that momentum going.  It’s also really exciting to bring on CRAFTSMAN® as primary sponsor on my Toyota Tundra. When I first started racing I remember my first tool set I ever got was CRAFTSMAN®-  so it’s pretty cool to see it come full circle. Hopefully, we can get them in Victory Lane this weekend at Martinsville!”

As noted, CRAFTSMAN® will adorn the No. 46 this weekend for the first time. Saturday's race will be the ninth start for the No. 46 truck. Kyle Busch is the only driver with KBM to pick up a victory in the No. 46 truck. This season Brandon Jones has the best finish in that truck coming at Charlotte in May (3rd). Eckes best finish in the 46 came in his debut at Iowa where he finished eighth. (Koelle,2018)

Photo Credit: Christian Koelle/CCK Photography

Comments