Noah Gragson Replacing Elliott Sadler in No. 1 at JR Motorsports in 2019

Noah Gragson will join JR Motorsports in 2019 to pilot the No. 1 Chevrolet Camaro in the NASCAR XFINITY Series. Gragson is currently piloting the No. 18 Toyota Tundra for Kyle Busch Motorsports in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series and is currently in the NCWTS Playoffs. Gragson will become the second Kyle Busch Motorsports driver to move to JR Motorsports as William Byron moved from KBM to JRM during the 2016 off-season.

“Having the opportunity to drive for JRM and the No. 1 team next year is a dream come true,” Gragson said in the team release. “I’d like to personally thank Dale Jr., Kelley, Chevrolet and everyone at JRM for allowing me to compete for a championship in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. I’d also like to thank my sponsors, my management team and my family, because none of this would be possible if it wasn’t for their support along the way.

“It will be an honor to follow in Elliott Sadler’s footsteps and I’m thrilled to be joining such a successful race team. Elliott and Dale Jr. have done so much for the sport over the years and I hope I can do my part to help take it to the next level. Overall, I’m excited, humbled and extremely appreciative for everyone helping this dream come to fruition.”

Gragson has 42 starts in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series with two career victories, 10 top-five, 26 top ten's, and eight poles. He also has three starts in the NASCAR XFINITY Series earlier this year with Joe Gibbs Racing. All three of those finishes were 10th or better with a second place finish coming in his debut at Richmond. (Koelle,2018)

Photo Credit: Brandon Wright/Brandon Wright Photography

Comments