Daniel Hemric Promoted to Cup Series to Pilot No. 31 for Richard Childress Racing

Richard Childress Racing announced on Friday that Daniel Hemric will be moving up to the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in 2019 where he will pilot the No. 31. Hemric will replace the departing Ryan Newman, who is headed to Roush Fenway Racing next season.

“Ever since I was a kid growing up in Kannapolis, I followed and rooted for RCR,” Hemric said in a team release. “I enjoyed competing against Austin (Dillon) and Ty (Dillon) years ago and we became close friends along the way. My dream has always been to race for championships in the NASCAR Cup Series. I have worked hard to get here and those who know me and have supported me, know I take nothing for granted. The time has come to take that next step, and I want to thank Richard for believing in me and providing such an amazing opportunity.”

Hemric has piloted the No. 21 South Point Chevrolet Camaro in 60 NASCAR XFINITY Series races since 2017. He's tallied 20 top-five finishes, including three runner-ups. 33 top-10's and three poles have joined the 20 top-fives to highlight his XFINITY Series career. Before making the move to Richard Childress Racing in 2017, Hemric had two full seasons in the Camping World Truck Series with 15 top fives and 30 top-10's across those two seasons. (Koelle,2018)

Photo Credit: Brandon Wright/Brandon Wright Photography

Comments