Stephen Leicht Looking for Most Out of First Visit to Mid-Ohio

Stephen Leicht will make his return to the NASCAR XFINITY Series this weekend where he'll pilot the No. 74 for Mike Harmon Racing. Leicht attempted last weekends race at Watkins Glen with Harmon but failed to qualify for the race. With only 40 cars entered in this weekends race, Leicht will make his 93rd start in the series and first at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.

"I am super excited to make my first start at Mid-Ohio," said Leicht. "At this point in my career, I look forward to racing at road courses the most because it honestly levels the playing field and makes me feel like I have a shot to land Mike (Harmon) a great finish. After all, that's my number one goal this weekend."

With the exception of Watkins Glen, Leicht hasn't made a single start at any of the new road courses in the XFINITY Series (Mid-Ohio, Road America, and Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval). Leicht has three starts at Watkins Glen, two starts at Montreal, and one start in Mexico City. He has the best road course finish of fifth in Montreal in 2007.

"I am not entirely sure of what the future holds at this point," Leicht told The Motorsports News Source when asked about future races. "It really all depends on what funding me and my team can find over the next few weeks and who knows, a few opportunities could come about like a few weeks ago at Iowa with Ryan Sieg Racing. Either way, I still enjoy racing and my team and I are already working on 2019 and we hope to find a full-time ride somewhere so I can go and compete for the championship."

Leicht will start the race from the 37th position, his best qualifying effort since Dover in May. The race will be shown live on NBCSN beginning at 3 p.m. ET. (Koelle,2018)

Photo Credit: Christian Koelle/CCK Photography

Comments