Ross Chastain Set for Three XFINITY Series Races with Chip Ganassi Racing

Chip Ganassi Racing officials announced on Thursday (August 23rd) that Ross Chastain will pilot the No. 42 DC Solar Chevrolet Camaro in three XFINITY Series events beginning at Darlington Raceway next weekend. Chastain will also run the final race of the regular season at Las Vegas and the first race of the XFINITY Playoffs at Richmond.

"This opportunity with DC Solar and Chip Ganassi Racing is unbelievable," said Chastain in the press release. "I want to recognize Johnny Davis for all that he has done for my career and express how proud I am of our performance this year. I am also very thankful to grow my relationship with Jeff and Paulette Carpoff and look forward to having this opportunity in the No. 42 DC Solar Chevy in the NASCAR Xfinity Series car for these races."

These three races were slated to have John Hunter Nemechek behind the wheel but Nemechek noted on his twitter that they were unable to sell these races which ultimately gives Chastain the opportunity.

"Unfortunately we were unable to sell these three races to keep myself in the @XfinityRacing car. Ross will do a good job for the team as I look forward to taking back over for the @NASCAR #playoffs to make a run for the owner's championship! #nemechek42" (Koelle,2018)

Photo Credit: Brandon Wright/Brandon Wright Photography

Comments