Ryan Repko to Pilot Mason Mitchell Motorsports Entry at Nashville

Ryan Repko will pilot the No. 78 for Mason Mitchell Motorsports next weekend at Fairgrounds Speedway in Nashville, Tennessee. The 18-year-old from Denver, NC will make his second start in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards and first start at the famed track just outside of downtown Nashville.

“I have a lot of experience with old worn out race tracks,” Repko said in the team release. “With these high-powered cars, it will be key to not spin the tires and not to push too hard too early. I have raced at tracks with a lot of character like Hickory, Myrtle Beach, and Anderson. I think experience will help me with racing at Nashville. I’ve watched the Nashville race from last year and taken notes of a few different things. I’ve never actually seen the race track in person so I’ll be starting from scratch as far as learning the race track.”

Repko made his ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards debut last season at Madison with Mason Mitchell Motorsports. In that race, Repko qualified sixth and finished eighth. He also competed in the season-opening test at Daytona with the No. 78 team.

“I’ve already met Mark Setzer multiple times and I worked with MMM last year at Madison and this year at the Daytona Test. I think this team is a great fit for me. Everyone on the team shares the same passion for racing as me.”

The No. 78 Chevrolet SS had much success last season with Kyle Weatherman. Weatherman led 134 laps (the most) and finished second after qualifying on the pole.  The Motorsports News Source will have live coverage of the Music City 200 and the events leading up to it from the Fairgrounds Speedway in Nashville. Keep it tuned here for all the latest news, articles, and other content concerning the second race of the ARCA Racing Series season. (Koelle,2018)

Photo Credit - Christian Koelle/CCK Photography

Comments