Justin Fontaine Moving to Niece Motorsports in 2018

Niece Motorsports Press Release
Justin Fontaine will pilot the No. 45 entry for Niece Motorsports starting at the season opener in Daytona. Fontaine moves up from AM Racing in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards where he competed in 13 of the 20 events. Fontaine was slated to run a full season with AM Racing but a fractured back put him out of action all the way until Elko in June. His best finish in ARCA last season came at Winchester where he finished ninth.

“This is an exciting time in my career and I believe I’m ready for this next challenge with Niece Motorsports,” said Fontaine on The Morning Drive. “I know I have a lot to learn, but with the leadership of Niece Motorsports and the support of my management team at AM Racing, I believe I can transition well and produce some good results in my rookie season.”

Fontaine has made three starts in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series with a best finish of 15th at Pocono. He made his Niece Motorsports debut last season at Chicagoland where he finished 17th after starting 17th. 

“We are thrilled to have Justin join the team next season,” said team owner Al Niece in the team release.  “In speaking with Justin, his excitement for the 2018 season is contagious. “As a group, we are really looking forward to getting this season started. There’s a lot of work to be done, but we have a solid group who’s ready to hit the ground running.”

Fontaine will run for Rookie of the Year. Joining him at Niece will be Austin Wayne Self, who will pilot a second full-time entry for the organization. That was announced on October 30th. (Koelle,2017)

Comments