|Jared C. Tilton/Getty Images|
Charter Placement for the 2018 Season
- The No. 32 of Go Fas Racing and Matt DiBenedetto will use their charter for the 2018 season after leasing it to the No. 21 of Wood Brothers Racing and at the time Ryan Blaney. His strong finish in the points last season gives GFR a good chunk of money in the bonus.
- The No. 43 charter will be leased to the No. 51 and Rick Ware Racing where Ray Black Jr. will chase after the Rookie of the Year. Darrell Wallace Jr. will use the No. 44 charter that Go Fas Racing used in 2017.
- The No. 77 charter was sold to an unnamed team that will be announced at a later date. As for the No. 77, it was shut down following the 2017 season, Erik Jones moves to Joe Gibbs Racing to replace Matt Kenseth.
- As for the rest of the field, charters will remain the same as 2017.
- StarCom Racing, MBM Motorsports, Beard Motorsports, BK Racing's No. 83, and Rick Ware Racing's second entry will all drive as open teams. These teams were part-time in 2017 and expected to do the same in 2018.
- The Motorsports Group will run the full-season with an unknown driver, they will be the only full-time team to run without a charter.