Larson Could Taste Victory at Richmond

Sarah Crabill/Getty Images North America
Toyota's were all that stood in between Kyle Larson and his second career victory tonight at the Richmond International Raceway. Larson was blocked by Martin Truex Jr. coming to the checkered flag and was unable to blast by Truex and challenge Danny Hamlin at the line. Though the only thing a victory would have done for Larson would have been adding three points to his chase spot heading into Round One next weekend at Chicago. Larson was asked about coming in and grabbing tires on that last caution here is his statement.
"Well, I was ninth when the caution came out.  I was excited to see that caution come out because I knew we were going to come get tires. You know, I was having such good restarts all night long, I figured if we could restart on the outside lane, I'd have another good one.  I didn't think I'd be that good.  Definitely wanted a restart there. Chad made a great call.  He said he'd rather see me on offense than defense.  So we did a good job of that."
Larson sits 10th on the chase grid with 2,003 points with the three bonus points coming from his win at Michigan a few weeks ago. If Larson can continue his string of Top-3 finishes going, he will certainly be a threat for the championship come Homestead. (Koelle,2016)

Comments