Consistent Night Not Enough for Logano

Not talked about much tonight was Joey Logano but somehow he managed to find his way into the Top-5 and he finished 5th. Though having a consistent night, it just wasn't enough for the Middletown, CT native. Of course Logano notices that the rest of the regular season only matters if you land in victory lane as he told NBC after the race.
"It just doesn’t matter if it isn’t a win. At this point I guess momentum means something so I guess something matters. I disagree that I didn’t have anything for them. I did on the long run. We were the fastest car on the long run every time. We hit a lot of short runs at the end and that would kill us. I lost two or three spots every restart for the first five or six laps and then it would kick in and off I would go. I was fighting to get them back. We kind of hurt ourselves there with restarts tonight. We needed to go green from about 100 to go. We would have been good then.”
Logano has just one win compared to the three wins he had this time last season and it has to be on the mind of Joey after being in the Final-Four two years in a row but maybe Joey is just saving his momentum for the chase so it doesn't fizzle out like it has the last two years. We can only tell by how he begins running come Chicago but I think Logano is certainly one of those drivers who will be in the Final-Four for the 3rd year in a row. (Koelle,2016)

Comments