New Hampshire New Experience for Cockrum

Robert Laberge/Getty Images North America
In the AutoLotto 200 at New Hampshire on Saturday Afternoon, Chris Cockrum was behind the wheel of the #25 Advanced Communications Group Chevrolet Camaro. It would be his 5th start in the Xfinity Series of his career.
Chris was able to match his second best finish of 2016 of a 29th. Chris also finished 29th at Atlanta in February. We had the oppurtunity to speak with Chris about his race on Saturday and we even got a sneak peak of where we could see Chris race at again.
Jonathan Moore/Getty Images North America
"Yesterday's race was not about having a set goal going into the weekend because I've never been to or even thought about racing at New Hampshire. It was about logging in laps and just learning the track and how to race there and bring the car back in one piece. I followed Kyle (Busch) and learned a ton from watching him. The track reminds me of how you drive a short track but being that there are no flat short tracks here in Georgia I just had to learn as the race unfolded. The next race we are hopefully going to be racing will be Richmond in September and I know I'll do better there because that resembles tracks I grew up racing on so I can't wait to get there in September." So far in 2016, Chris has completed 572 laps and competed in more races than he has in the rest of his Xfinity Series career combined. His best finish was a 28th at Daytona in February. (Kolle,2016)

Comments