Ty Dillon to Make First Cup Start at TMS in No. 95 Nexium® 24HR Chevrolet SS

FORT WORTH, Texas (April 6, 2016) – The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series switches gears this week, leaving short track racing behind in favor of the 1.5-mile tri-oval of Texas Motor Speedway. Ty Dillon will return to the No. 95 for his second race of the season with Circle Sport-Leavine Family Racing.

The CSLFR team is excited to have Dillon back in the car and look for a strong finish this weekend as they continue to build on their 1.5-mile program.

Dillon will pilot the No. 95 Nexium® 24HR Chevrolet SS in his Sprint Cup debut at Texas, but is no stranger to racing at Texas. The 24-year-old has never finished outside the top-15 in his 10 Camping World Truck and XFINITY Series starts at Texas, which includes a truck win in 2013.

“The thing I like about Texas Motor Speedway the most is the challenge it presents with long green-flag stretches,” said Dillon. “CSLFR, with help from RCR, has really focused on its 1.5-mile program this season and I hope I can add to their success they have had so far. I’m going to need all the practice time I can get with this new low downforce package. I’ve been able to win a race here before and have some success in the NASCAR XFINITY Series, but I am still relatively inexperienced in the Cup car. Todd (Parrott, crew chief) knows his way around TMS, so I’ll lean on him for advice and support.”

Texas will always be a special race for CSLFR partners Bob and Sharon Leavine, who moved to the state in 1985.  Dillon shares the Leavines’ enthusiasm for the Lone Star State.

“Texas Motor Speedway is not only one of my favorite race tracks on the NASCAR circuit, but also one of my favorite areas to visit,” said Dillon. “I love the fans, Big Hoss TV, Babe’s chicken and, of course, the competitive style of racing. One of the first times I have driven a Sprint Cup car came in 2014 at TMS when I was testing the No. 78 car – I think it was the fastest I’ve ever gone; definitely over 200 miles per hour. I love visiting Texas and everything the track and area have to offer.”

The Duck Commander 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Texas will take place on Saturday, April 9 at 7:30pm ET. Follow the race team on Twitter for updates @CSLFR95. (Circle Sport Leavine Family Racing)

Comments