Are You Feeling Lucky? - Phoenix Edition

Phoenix International Raceway in the Desert is one of my personal favorite tracks because I have always liked how different the track was compared to others. It is one track though that you can see numerous duplicate winners and that can sometime be annoying to a fan unless you are a fan of that particular driver. Kevin Harvick has dominated here and I expect nothing different coming up this weekend. But there are a few other drivers who I feel have a very good shot to win either their first career win or first win in a while. I will list those drivers below along with my pick for the Xfinity Series for Saturday's race.

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Picks (4 Picks)

Kevin Harvick

This it the place Harvick built right? Oh no he's just won here a ton. 7 times to be exact but he failed to rack up his 8th win here last November where the race was rained out and Dale Earnhardt Jr. went to victory lane. It was the first time since 2013 that Harvick did not go to victory lane. I possibly think that one loss could knock Harvick off his pedestal but that thought is a very slim thought and that is why Kevin is my first pick to win Sunday's race. In 26 races Kevin has an average finish of 10.62. That is second best to Jimmie Johnson and Jimmie is not on my list of predictions so there is a reason why Happy Harvick is first in my book.

 Joey Logano

Yes we are going there. Joey has the 7th best average at Phoenix in just 14 races at the PIR Track in the Desert. If the rain had not began to fall on the track in the Fall I honestly think Joey could have made his way back into the Chase and could have made one last run for the Championship. Joey's teammate Brad Keselowski locked into the chase last weekend in Las Vegas and I could see Team Penske sweep the West Coast Swing. I think this weekend could be the weekend where Joey could finally overcome the Martinsville incident and go after the championship! Third Time is the Charm!

Ryan Newman

Newman, Newman, Newman. Yeah he's on the list of my predictions because RCR has been pretty good as of late and Ryan Newman has been good at Phoenix. That combination could land the #31 in Victory lane for the first time since Jeff Burton did it in 2008 and land Ryan Newman back in victory lane for the first time since Indianapolis in 2013. This could be the begining of great things for the RCR camp with Paul Menard and Austin Dillon doing so well and Michael McDowell beginning to learn the ways of Chevrolet things could be looking up for Richard Childress Racing!

Ryan Blaney

Ryan Blaney has one win to his name at Phoenix in 2011 in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series West. Blaney could add on to the illustrious career he is already building with his first win at Phoenix in his first try. Shades of Alan Kulwicki could be seen and I would love to see the #21 do a polish victory lap after getting his first career Sprint Cup Series win at the same place Alan Kulwicki got his. I could see a great finish if not a win coming at PIR for the #21 driver and certainly make a faster push for the chase!

NASCAR Xfinity Series Pick (1 Pick)

I have been talking about this guy all week and there is a reason. Daniel Suarez is my pick to win Saturday's Axalta 200 Xfinity Series Race. He has won here before and I could see win #2 coming this weekend. Suarez could become the first Xfinity Driver to lock himself in the Chase and I think he would gain some attention from the Fans and owners alike. If Suarez wins the race at Phoenix I predict he will be one of the four drivers in the Final Four come Homestead!

Comments