24Ever - Ten Years Of Gordon

When it comes to Jeff Gordon he is one of the few who have raced every year I have been alive. As a little kid my uncle along with my grandfather was a Jeff Gordon fan and It really turned me into a Jeff Gordon fan as a kid my uncle would bring me back a Jeff Gordon T-Shirt or Hat from Bristol in the years before I went in 2006. So as a kid I was for both Jeff Gordon and Mark Martin but Mark was the original. It's weird to think that Jeff is racing in his final season as I transition to the other side as a writer.
When it comes to events Jeff Gordon was in I was at a couple. I can say my first Bristol race was when he and Matt Kenseth got into it and at the end Jeff got out of his car on pit lane and shoved Matt with his helmet still on. Another Notable race I was kinda in attendance for was when my mom was pregnant with me she went to the spring Race at Bristol in 1997. This was one of the races where Rusty Wallace had led tons of laps but on one of the final laps Jeff Gordon came up and did his famous bump and run moves which sent Rusty up the track and Jeff to victory lane. All my mom could do was cry.
One Thing Jeff has never done while I was in attendance was win a race other than that race in 1997. Over 10 years as a spectator He never went to victory lane which is not very surprising considering majority of the drivers I have seen win over the ten years have won more than once. Jeff wrecked at the Aarons 499 I went to in 2010. Jeff's best finish is 2nd in my first race at Atlanta Motor Speedway in 2005 and he has only done that 2nd place finish 1 time. I have seen Jeff lead the field to green numerous times including at Daytona earlier this season.
This season, the ten year anniversary of my first race, I have had the opportunity to see Jeff Gordon lead the Daytona 500 to green along with the Talladega Race in October. Over the years I met Jeff Gordon 2 times both moments special to me. The first time was in 2014 at Bristol. I had my program and sharpie in hand as Jeff Gordon walked to his car for Qualifying. He looked at all the diecast that were around me and then saw my program and he signed it and walked to his car. The second time I met Jeff Gordon was at Bristol in August. Where he raced the famous Rainbow Colors that he had made so popular over the years. As he was walking to Driver Intros he saw me and put his hand out to shake my hand along with a few other people who had diecasts in hand to get signed. To have Jeff Gordon want to shake you hand is Awesome in itself.
Jeff Will Ultimately be missed by many but I think he is beginning to notice that Chase Elliott needs an opportunity Just like Jeff was given in 1992. Jeff is a future Hall Of Famer and he deserves a spot on the Hall Of Fame along with other legendary drivers and owners. Everyone will truely remember Jeff Gordon especially after 2015. (Koelle, 2015)

Comments