Atlanta - The Beginning Of Ten Years

On October 30th, 2005 I attended my first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Race from the Atlanta Motor Speedway for the Bass Pro Shops 500. I would have never expected almost 50 races later I would be sitting here writing a world wide blog and know so many people in NASCAR. At the time in 2005 I was 9 years old and had experience with NASCAR just not at the track.
In Atlanta in 2005 The Bass Pro Shops 500 would be my first race or debut as you could say as a spectator. It would be the first race I had ever attended and I went with My Dad. I left the race early becaise I was getting a headache from the loud engines that I had never heard in person. Carl Edwards would go on to win that race as you can see from the right as he was preparing to do his signature back flip. Since that October Afternoon I have only seen Carl Edwards win once more in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and That was at Bristol in 2014. This is the Race that really influenced this article series. Its an very Important race to me because of the fact that my dad was the person who took me to this race and he is one of the biggest supporters of this blog.
In 2008 I would return to the Atlanta Motor Speedway for the first time since 2005 and I would also see my first Truck Series Race and Xfinity Series race. That race my mom won tickets from a radio network and It gave me and my dad an opportunity to go to another race. In this race I witness history as Toyota would win their first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race with Kyle Busch who I had seen win two times before at Bristol in 2006 and in 2007. During this weekend I met Chad Knaus and Reed Sorenson. It is very cool that over the 10 years I can say I have seen all but Dodge win a race in person.
I would not return to the Atlanta Motor Speedway until 2010 on the Five Year Anniversary in which is the sole time I would see Tony Stewart win a Sprint Cup Series Race. Tony would win in his #14 Self owned team. We would also go to the Great Clips 300 that weekend where Jamie McMurry won for JR Motorsports.
In 2012 This would be where I would absolutely learn that I loved NASCAR and that was what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. It would be the final time me and my dad would go to the Atlanta Motor Speedway and lets just say thats one way to end a reign. I would win Pit Passes from the Chattanooga Lookouts and would get the opportunity to tag along with NASCAR Xfinty Team MacDonald Motorsports with driver Jason Bowles. Out of this deal I would make a friend in Dell Hamilton Jr. This would also be my first time ever in the garage, very cool experience. Ricky Stenhouse Jr would go on to win that race and our driver Jason Bowles would finish 18th. Very interesting experience and what a way to end a reign of going to races.
That would be the last time I would go to the Atlanta Motor Speedway and I surely hope that wasn't the last time I had gone to Atlanta Motor Speedway. A few days ago I was declined of a Hot Pass for the February Race in 2016 for my blog. This is the second to final article in the Ten Years In The Making Series with the final one coming later today. I hope people with Atlanta Motor Speedway reads this and All I have to say Is see you in the future.(Koelle, 2015)

Comments