Ray Black Jr. - Diving For A Win (Truck Series Driver Spotlight)


Ray Black Jr is the driver of the number 07 Chevrolet For SS Green Light Racing. He is on the down hill slope of his sophomore season in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. So far in 2015 Rays' best finish was 5th in Daytona earlier this year. I had ate lunch with him before this race and I had some amazing chicken tenders from the concession stand inside the Sprint Fan Zone at Daytona. I brag about them a lot because well they were some of the best I had ever had! Back to Ray, I introduced myself and little did I know we'd meet again a few weeks later in Bristol, TN. Ray has only had 2 DNF's (Kansas and Pocono) He spun at Bristol and still rebounded to finish 21st. Rays' worse finish came at Michigan just missing the top 25, still an impressive race! Ray has really impressed me and I'm sure he's impressed many others! As of this writing Ray sits 11th in points in only his second season, first full time. I can say when the SS Green Light Racing team goes to Talladega that team will be Diving into the pool for a W! (Koelle, 2015)
Yes you see that right Ray Black Jr was on the bottom of the 4 wide battle coming to the checkered flag at Daytona earlier this season.

 

Comments