From The Grandstand - 12 Questions With Jake Dewitt


Q- Tell The NASCAR Fans About Yourself!
A- "My Name is Jake DeWitt, I've been a NASCAR Fan my whole life. I live in Michigan and enjoy 2 races a year at Michigan International Speedway. I'm 30, married to a wonderful wife and I have been in remission from Hodgkins Lymphoma for 6 years! Survivor!"

Q- Favorite Driver and Why?
A- Kyle Busch
"He has always been kind to me. I have met him several times and he always takes the time for an autograph, picture, or a hello to his fans. It doesnt hurt that on any given weekend he is a threat to win in any one of the 3 series!"

Q- What Track Do You Consider Your Hometrack?
A- "Michigan International Speedway"

Q- Favorite Track to Attend?
A- "So far it has been Michigan International Speedway
...i have only been to 2 for a race."

Q- When did you attend your first race? Who Won?
A- "I Attended my first race in 2002 I believe. Kurt Busch was the winner"

Q- Which one? Brickyard 400 or Daytona 500?
A- "For me I'd choose Indy. The venue is so old and rich with history...to win there would be the most valued win in a career Id think."

Q- What do you think needs to be changed in our sport?
A- "I wish they would continue to improve technology for rain delays.Make the process of drying tracks even faster."

Q- Souvenir Haulers or New Fanatics Tents?
A- "I like the Haulers...Tents are junk in my opinion"

Q- Greatest and Worst NASCAR Driver Ever?
A- "Greatest Jimmie Johnson....when its all said and done.  Worst....Ricky Stenhouse Jr. I cant stand how he is taking up a good ride that deserves more talent.

Q- Race you haven't attended yet that you want to? (Races if more than one.)
A- "I really want to experience Daytona, Indy, and Talladega...but all of them eventually really haha"

Q- What are your thoughts on the new chase syestem?
A-"I really enjoy it. I like the reward for winning."

Last question is from Kyle Duckett on our last From The Grandstand Series and he asks...
Q- " Do you think Drivers should be penalized for retaliation to another driver?"
A- "No I dont.  Nascar needs to stay out of it.  Less government is always better in my opinion"

Now ask a question for the next fan.
Q-"Do you feel that nascar riggs finishes sometimes for the benefit of the "story" or sport?"
Your Answer - "I hope they dont but sometimes I often wonder....Dale Jr's Pepsi 400 win....Dale Jr. wins in the 3 wrangler...Danica getting the pole in her first Daytona 500...same with the return of the 3 and Jeff this year being his last season.  Sometimes I feel they do so to sell more diecasts or to boost ratings. Sometimes its too good to be true."

Comments