This Time Last Week - Bristol Edition


This time last weekend we were in Bristol, TN for the 4th day. A couple of practices, qualifying, all culminating to the Food City 300 on Friday Night.

I walked into the garage as garages opened. It felt good to go into a atmosphere that you had been to before. It felt good to know that I had surrvived one day in the garage as a writer and know I can do it again. As I began to make my laps around the track I grabbed hero cards along the way. As I approached the Xfinity Series garage area Kevin Harvick was going to sign in so and I had remembered I had grabbed a Kevin Harvick hero card on the other side in the Sprint Cup Series Garage area and I remembered my Dad is a Kevin Harvick fan so I decided to get Kevins' autograph for my dad. If your reading this Kevin thanks my dad really liked it!

Xfinity Series Qualifying would come first and I have to say NASCAR needs to work on qualifying. Denny Hamlin won the pole and we got ready for NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bass Pro Shops Qualifying where the driver who won would take home a wicked trophy.
Denny would take yet another pole and A new Track Record. My buddy Michael McDowell would make the race qualified in the 30th place position! 
I would head onto the pits to catch driver intros and get some pictures for Carl Long and his Facebook page. In the process I met Bubba Wallace Jr and Daniel Suarez, 2 drivers who I had not met and got ready to set up shop at the start finish line to give everyone flag to flag coverage! 
Kyle Busch would win and I decided to head back to camp and prepare for the next battle in the last great Coliseum! 



Comments