Bristol - A Lifetime Of Memories Ten Years In The Making





I've been going to NASCAR races now for 10 years. I've seen superspeedways, intermediates and short tracks. In the next few weeks I will highlight the best of the tracks and my history there. In 2015 the oficial hashtag for the Bristol Weekend is #OneMoreTimeAtBMS.

Up first is Bristol Motor Speedway. This is the track where I have attended the most races it's also my personal favorate. If I became a driver this would definately be my home track, The view, the campings proximity to the track are just two things that make me love Bristol! My parents have been going since 1992 and I've been going since 2006. Believe it or not Bristol was actually my first race ever. In April of 1997, the year I was born, my mom was pregnant with me and she went to the 1997 Food City 500. Jeff Gordon did his famous bump and run on Rusty Wallace, who was my moms favorite driver, to take the victory. Since then I have attended 9 sprint cup races, 5 Xfinity Series Races, 2 Truck Series Races, and 2 Whelen Modified Series races. Which totals 18 races. Below I'll highlight who won and who my favorite driver was in that series at the time.

NASCAR Sprint Cup Series

       Race                                Winner                                           Favorite 
1997 Food City 500             Jeff Gordon                                   NOT BORN YET
2006 Food City 500             Kurt Busch                                    Jeff Gordon
2007 Food City 500             Kyle Busch                                   Kevin Harvick
        *2007 was the debut of the Car Of Tomorrow*
2008 Food City 500             Jeff Burton                                    Reed Sorenson
2009 Food City 500             Kyle Busch                                   Martin Truex Jr
2010 Food City 500             Jimmie Johnson                            Carl Edwards
2013 Irwin Tools Night Race   Matt Kennseth                         Michael McDowell
2014 Food City 500              Carl Edwards                               Michael McDowell
2014 Irwin Tools Night Race   Joey Logano                             Michael McDowell


NASCAR Xfinity Series

2008 Food City 300                    Brad Keselowski                     Burney Lamar
2013 Jeff Foxworthy Grit Chips 300   Kyle Busch                     Blake Koch
2013 Food City 250                             Kyle Busch                     Blake Koch
2014 Drive To Stop Diabetes 300       Kyle Busch                     Dylan Kwasniewski
2014 Food City 300                             Ryan Blaney                   Dylan Kwasniewski



NASCAR Camping World Truck Series

2013 UNOH 200                     Kyle Busch                                 Timothy Peters
2014 UNOH 200                     Brad Keselowski                        Timothy Peters


NASCAR Whelen Modified Series

2013 Titan Roofs 150              Mike Stefanik                              Todd Szegedy
2014 Bush's Baked Beans 150  Tommy Barrett Jr.                      Justin Bonsignore


I had pit passes in 2014 at Bristol. Best track to meet drivers. I met Dale Earnhardt Jr that year/


Before the Whelen Modified Series race in 2013

Hauler Parade! Always cool to see

Comments