Buddy Baker - A Legend, A Mentor, A Great

Buddy Announced on TNN for years with Neil Bonnet and Mike Joy

Buddy Baker won the 1980 Daytona 500 and also was the first driver to go 200 mph.
NASCAR Legend Buddy Baker passed away early Monday morning. He announced last month that he had inoperable lung cancer. Buddy left "The Late Shift" Show on NASCAR Sirius XM. Buddy won the Daytona 500 in 1980 and was a NASCAR Hall Of Fame Nominee. I had the honor of meeting Buddy in Atlanta in 2012. One of the nicest guys in the garage hinting his nickname of the "Gentle Giant" and the Fact that he stood 6-foot-6 also contributed to that name. When I met him in Atlanta I knew of him as a very good story teller and I had read multiple of his stories online. Buddy was one of the few idols I had into this blog. Buddy surely will be missed. (Koelle, 2015)
Buddy drove for the Wood Brothers in 1983

Comments